05 April 2014

new york city

FRIDAY
Only Jesus knew what was coming // johnson
Long drives need music and books // byron
And that’s when I understood Watsky // sand
We settled into each other’s space // cole

SATURDAY
Blonde boys make the best drivers // johnson
I left my headphones in Virginia // sand
The anger was for your protection // cole
God got us to our doorstep // byron

SUNDAY
Wow, so transubstantiation really is important // byron
His earnest belief made him lie // johnson
Underdressed in the presence of royalty // sand
We didn’t turn on the TV // cole

MONDAY
Giddy sick broke and too happy // cole
I prefer people watching to shopping // byron
Lost among a sea of words // sand
Everyone's looking but no one sees // johnson

TUESDAY
Road-trips and remembrances help make stories // byron
I gave him cigarettes, not money // sand
Her words unlocked both of them // cole
Ten year anticipation made me choke // johnson

WEDNESDAY
I was a time traveler’s tourist // sand
Snow covered all my past sins // johnson
Your nostalgia is greater than mine // byron
Your fall took me with you // cole

THURSDAY
Cold weather, warm strangers, good friends // byron
Standing alone among millions, he cried // johnson
All the words melted away today // cole
Take some of my body heat // sand

FRIDAY
Subway windows are haunted by faces // cole
His plane ticket was his escape // sand
Walk a mile, drive five hundred // byron
Saying "heading home" is a lie // johnson

SATURDAY
We didn’t leave Sand at McDonalds // johnson
“I love you.” “You’re stupid too.” // sand
I was awake for 22 hours // byron
I realized your floor was home // cole